This 60-minutes programme features the best performances from known and lesser known opera houses in Europe in 2010 and showcases some of the outstanding artistic moments and performers of the year from across the European stages.
Proposed and selected by all the coproducers, BBC, NRK, TVP, ARD/WDR, RTBF, TV Catalunya and NTR, these performances include:
- Placido Domingo in the title role of Verdi's Simon Boccanegra at the Royal Opera House, London;
- the ground-breaking production of Verdi's Othello at Birmingham Opera;
- the great Belgium baritone Jose Van Dam in his farewell performance as Don Quichotte from the stage of La Monnaie in Brussels;
- Diana Damrau in Mozart's Abduction from the Seraglio from the Liceu, Barcelona; " Willy Decker's extraordinary production of Schönberg's Moses and Aaron from the Ruhr Biennale in Germany;
- Strauss' Ariadne auf Naxos from one of Poland's most enterprising...